separate /home by default

Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski opi at cyb3r.org
Tue Feb 1 01:29:44 CST 2005

On wto, 2005-02-01 at 02:16 -0500, John Richard Moser wrote:

> Shouldn't /home be separate from / by default?

 I think it's up to users. I split my disk even more, when others with
small disks (yes, there's a plenty of users with 3Gb and less) will
prefer to have one, big / to avoid problems with lack of space for, let
say apt-get cache.

> I've seen too many idiots

 Just because they do something in a different (even if it's less
secure, or whatever) way, don't mean they are idiots.

 I'd like to remind you about Code Of Conduct. :-)

--
 Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski, http://opi.pegasos.pl
 Horay for Hoary: http://opi.pegasos.pl/?siurp=single&id=220