Fluendo MP3 GStreamer Plugin in Main for Dapper?

Marco Cabizza mc at newglobal.it
Wed Dec 28 12:05:08 GMT 2005

On mar, 2005-12-27 at 19:50 +0000, Chris Jones wrote:

> > and there are no valid patents on it in Europe. ;)
>
> http://www.mp3licensing.com/patents/ - I'm no patent expert, but it looks
> like they reckon they have patents in various european countries.

They concern the "hardware" part, and I guess it'up to the CD players
vendors to pay royalties for such stuff. The EU has _REJECTED_ the law
proposal about software patents, that's all :)

Anyway I've argued about this with someone else, my proposal was once to
get a "non-us" CD or something like this (I guess 90% countries in the
world don't have the software patents plague), but, hell, whatever...
it's not up to me to pick a solution :)

~marco

p.s.: sorry Chris for the double email, my mistake.