[dapper] problems with rt2500

DXPUBLICA at telefonica.net DXPUBLICA at telefonica.net
Wed Dec 21 15:05:18 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have a pc with smc wireless home antenna. That is, really, rt2500 wireless pci card. I have hoary installed in one partition. For that this card run I had to follow the Rt2500WirelessCardsHowTo in the wiki.ubuntu.com (that now has dropped code) and all is great.

Now I want to test Dapper (Flight 2) that have support for this card. But I found a problem: in the network detection, dapper does not detect that I have ralink card and that I have connected via DHCP.

I suppose that it's because I have eth0, dapper only wants to detect configuration of eth0, forgetting to check other network devices, as wifi. So if I not connect any cable to eth0, dapper thinks that I have no network, but I have rt2500 enabled with g and DHCP

Is it planned to be solved?. That is, is it planned that dapper detects _all_ network devices and configurations (wifi, eth0, ....)?

Thanks a lot,
Xan.
		 TERRA

-->