Problem with Dapper and Nvidia

Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez jlalarcon at gawab.com
Tue Dec 20 15:24:41 GMT 2005

On mar, 2005-12-20 at 05:04 +0000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 10:15:18PM +0100, Jose Luis Alarcon Sanchez wrote:
> > I got dist-upgrade very well my Breezy Badger to Dapper Drake through
> > repositories and apt-get. All works fine in the devel version of Ubuntu
> > except one thing:
> >
> > I use a "vanilla" kernel from http://kernel.org/ and the nvidia driver
> > 1.0-8174, taken from the company web... All right with breezy, but when
> > i switched to dapper, the driver "stop work", the log says:
>
> So don't do that.  The NVIDIA installer does not support X11R7, which we
> have in dapper.
>
> Also, please don't use ubuntu-devel as a forum for these sorts of
> questions; ubuntu-users is far better suited to it, but for this
> particular problem, all you can do is contact NVIDIA, as the driver is
> entirely proprietary.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Hi Daniel.

Thank you very much for your very clear answer.

Now, i understand perfectly why i can't use the Nvidia driver with
Ubuntu Dapper Drake. :)

Thanks very much to Ben Collins too.

Best regards.

Jose.

--
http://www.lordofunix.org/

Not Registered GNU/Hurd User.
Registered BSD User 51101.
Registered Linux User #213309.
Memories..... You are talking about memories.
Rick Deckard. Blade Runner.