Font changes, please watch out for b0rkage

Ming Hua minghua-list at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 19 06:59:25 GMT 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 12:42:25PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've uploaded a change to fontconfig that puts DejaVu immediately after Vera
> in the fallback priority lists. DejaVu is a derivative of Vera that provides
> better coverage of various character sets. Install the ttf-dejavu package to
> try it out immediately - Colin will add it to the Desktop Seed on Monday, so
> you will end up getting it anyway.

I also noticed that Riddell just uploaded ttf-dejavu 2.1-0ubuntu1.
However DejaVu now requires fontforge (>= 20050919) to edit [1], and
dapper/sid still has only 20050911.

As i386 buildd is not working right now, I can't see if the built binary
package is good or not (building is probably different than editing),
but I feel it is worth raising up on the list.

1. http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Developer%27s_Corner

Ming
2005.12.19