Attached Linus's opinion of Gnome

George Farris farrisg at cc.mala.bc.ca
Thu Dec 15 16:15:38 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-15-12 at 23:00 +1100, Rod Lovett wrote:
> Hopefully the new Kubuntu will follow Ubuntu,
> I personally agree with Linus---KDE is better
> Cheers

This kind of crap helps no one.  It certainly doesn't help Linux reach
the goal of integrated tool kits on the desktop.  Please refrain from
posting this sort of stuff.  There are many of us who use and love both
desktops, and it is sad to see these kinds of posts.  Linus should be
more concerned about the bugs in his own projects, after all his
decision on bitkeeper was, well....

I would much rather see a place where both GTK+, QT, FLtk etc apps can
exist peacefully on any given desktop.