apt: dependancy removing

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 8 11:09:03 GMT 2005

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 06:20:28PM +0100, MadMan2k wrote:
> during the breezy development, this issue has already been discussed and
> afair
> there was already someone working on this - is this still being dealt with?
[..]

There is (working, but little tested) code in my baz branch:
michael.vogt at ubuntu.com--2005/apt--auto-mark--0
at
http://people.ubuntu.com/~mvo/arch/ubuntu
(developed with daniel burrows of aptitude)

We decided that the changes are too intrusive for dapper, but I'll try
to keep maintaining it and keep it up-to-date.

Cheers,
 Michael