ata_piix supportet sata chipset

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 03:56:12 GMT 2005

On 12/1/05, paxel at poczta.onet.pl <paxel at poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
> I have a laptop (Toshiba Qosmio G20) with an ata_piix supported sata chipset and the
> hard drive is not recognized during installation (nor when I run Ubuntu Live CD).
>
> Could you please pull the same patches suse/vector/mepis... are using to fix this? (there
> are no problems with installing those distros).

(Moving this conversation to kernel-team list)

+1

I have a Qosmio G25 with this same(or similar) chipset with the sata
raid, yes it has 2 hard drives, and I have the exact same problem.
Ubuntu does not see the hard drives. This laptop rocks, but it is kind
of depressing to not be able to use my favorite distro on it. I have
been stuck with windows on it for the time being.

Getting Ubuntu on this machine would rock so hard!!!

Thanks,

Matt

P.S. - I am patiently awaiting working dapper install CD's so that I
can try with the 2.6.15 kernel directly and will certainly let you
guys know how it goes.

--
Matt T. Galvin
matt.t.galvin at gmail.com