user based dialup.

azz dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Tue Aug 30 20:28:05 CDT 2005

I am sorry.  I just tried gnome-ppp from Breezy and that has permission
problems.  It does not detect, nor can I use the modem.

I seem to remember that with Gnome-ppp, I was able to use a modem, even
if I could not autodetect it.  I had just pushed on blindly and it would
still connect.  Must have been funny hardware.

pppconfig, pon and poff, still work, though.  There just is not GUI for
them.

(I put in a v.34 modem into my Breezy box to test it out just now...)

Sorry for the premature reply.

--
azz