planet gnome comment

George Farris farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Mon Aug 29 13:24:52 CDT 2005

>From Planet GNOME

>I installed Ubuntu's unstable Breezy again, after taking a break due to
>the painful breakage in the last few weeks. It looks like it will
>default to the nasty Browse Mode in Nautilus instead of the regular
>usable (hierarchical) spatial mode. I'm so deeply disappointed,
>disheartened, and discouraged.

I must concur.  With all the great work that went into Nautilus, would
it not make sense to keep the spacial mode by default?

The new tree mode makes dropping into browse mode less and less
necessary for most people.  Lets think new users here not one already
familiar with Nautilus.

Heres hoping.

George Farris   farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Malaspina University-College