What status is Input Method on Breezy?

Hiroyuki Ikezoe ikezoe at good-day.co.jp
Wed Aug 24 20:21:36 CDT 2005

Hi,

Is there any progress about Input Method on Breezy?

I think SCIM [1] is enough stable for daily use. Since it is quite
stable at least for CJK users, language-support-pack-xx or
language-pack-xx may include each imengine of SCIM.

For instance,

language-support-pack-ja depends on scim-anthy
language-support-pack-zh depends on scim-pinyin
language-support-pack-ko depends on scim-hangl

In debian unstable, scim-anthy is suited for im-switch [2] so it can be
used just installing the package. It is no need to set any environment
values (XMODIFIERS or GTK_IM_MODULE) manually. I'm not sure about
scim-pinyin and scim-hangl packages, but these are maybe suited for
im-switch.  Anyway, for CJK users, Input Method is very important, it is
altogether different whether it can be used from the first or not.

Please consider including these imengines on breezy.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.scim-im.org/
[2] http://packages.debian.org/unstable/x11/im-switch