breezy 3 - what comes to mind

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 24 09:35:10 CDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 02:14:26PM +0200, Rasmus Nes wrote:
> Very nice test-distro! It made me fall in love in Ubuntu for the first
> time, no other seems to beat it!
>
> I installed amd64 version, and it installed very nicely, but there
> were some bugs after installation.

Thanks for testing our development snapshot!

[..]
> - Ubuntu automatic updates seemed to crash every time. It isn't such a
> big deal, cause updates always went smoothly with Synaptic.

What exactly happens for you? Does the upgrade icon appear? Does it
crash when you click on it? I can't reproduce it here (fresh
hoary->breezy upgrade), so please file a bug against "update-manager"
and assign it to me with a description of the problem.

> - XMMS default skin was buggy, looked ugly

Buggy in what way?

> - The apt-package "locales" couldn't be installed.

That sounds like a temporary problem, 'locales' is installable here.

> - The splash screen that comes with the updated kernel 12.7, didn't
> seem to work as supposed.

That's a known issue, it's still work in progress.

> - Why no "glx-gears"-command?

"glxinfo" and "glxgears" are now in the mesa-utils package.

[..]
> - It was reallly not that stable as other distroes, for example mepis
> (x86). It crashed several times, especially when installing something
> with apt.

Crashed in what way exactly? Is that reproducable?

Cheers,
 Michael