Breezy Badger milestone release "Colony 3" now available

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Aug 23 16:45:40 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 13:46 -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> If you test it, be sure to send us a report...
> - The much-awaited USplash graphical boot feature is included; though its
>   full functionality is not yet enabled, it displays a graphical boot
>   screen and it is important for us to know that it works on a wide
>   variety of hardware before proceeding.

Oops, my previous report was about the problems, didn't realise you were
also interested in the successes as well. But I am pleased to report
that Usplash works as described (brief appearance of a low res still
pic).  Hardware is a MSI-K7N 420 Pro motherboard ('nForce' chipset), and
the video card is the on-board Geforce 2 MX 32MB, but now using an 8
year old PCI Matrox  Millennium II 4MB graphics card, and it works with
this one too.

Looking forward to seeing Usplash improved now ! ;-)

--
Vince