Breezy Badger milestone release "Colony 3" now available

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 18 18:06:40 CDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 11:12:12PM +0200, MadMan2k wrote:

> >>Then, I changed my vga kernel setting to 791, and I just was given a
> >>black
> >>screen until X started.  Hmm, what's the deal there?
> >>

> >Only one VGA mode is supported, the one used by default.
> >
> hmm, that sucks - but what sucks more is that you run into this
> problem even if you dont mess around with usplash...

I don't think that's the case; if you uninstall usplash (and regenerate the
initramfs), of course it won't touch your video mode.  usplash is merely
installed by default.

> another bug I noticed is that the installer now autmatically tries to
> check for apt-updates(or something), which hangs my machine up.
>
> I have some weird DSL-Modem which is accessed via ethernet, so it might
> seem to be a router, but it still requires a configuration via pppoeconf...

It has always done so, when a network is available.  If by "hangs my machine
up", you mean "causes a delay", that's normal.  Even in strange
configurations it will eventually time out.

--
 - mdz