apt and automatic removal of unused dependencies

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Aug 18 17:02:24 CDT 2005

> It is still being developed in the
> michael.vogt at ubuntu.com--2005/apt--auto-mark--0 branch and I plan to
> make new packages available soon (hopefully before the weekend). If
> you are curious I can give you instruction how to build it directly
> from the arch-branch.
>
> It will not make it for breezy because of the lack of real-world testing.
>
>  Michael

Hmm great ! :-)
I guess this means that in two month, your packages will be ready
(enough) to be implemented in Breezy+1 when its development starts.
However I guess that the end user can't know whether this functionality
has been implemented or not, as it's "under the hood" stuff.
So it would be nice if you could post a note here as soon as you have
modified Synpatic in Breezy+1, so that we know we can start testing it,
and watch out for its efficiency. Should be easy for everyone to test it
simply by installing an eclectic range of packages of his choice from
Universe, taking carefull note of what Synpatic says it will install,
and then comparing it with what it says it is going to uninstall.
If all numbers aren't strictly identical... doesn't work.

Can't wait to test it.... :-)))

--
Vince, likes to know that his Ubuntu is clean and tidy under the hood...