apt and automatic removal of unused dependencies

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 18 15:55:08 CDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 04:41:39PM +0200, Wouter Stomp wrote:
> On 7/5/05, Michael Vogt <michael.vogt at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I build a testversion of apt and (most) of the dependent packages
> > (aptitude, synaptic, python-apt) with support for automatic removal of
> > unused depedencies.
> >

> Has this been further developed? Is this going to be in breezy? (or is
> it already included?) Just wondering...

It is still being developed in the
michael.vogt at ubuntu.com--2005/apt--auto-mark--0 branch and I plan to
make new packages available soon (hopefully before the weekend). If
you are curious I can give you instruction how to build it directly
from the arch-branch.

It will not make it for breezy because of the lack of real-world
testing.

Cheers,
 Michael