Where are the minor X11 clients? xsetroot, xmodmap, xgamma, etc

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Mon Aug 15 03:03:23 CDT 2005

On Sun, Aug 14, 2005 at 10:58:16PM -0700, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> One wonders what became of the lesser X11 clients during the great xorg
> repackaging.  Of particular interest is xsetroot, whose current absence
> in Breeze prevents vncserver from running.  There are others such as
> xmodmap, glxinfo, and xgamma that are also handy.

Most of the useful ones -- xmodmap, xgamma, glxinfo, xsetroot, etc, will
creep back within the next week or so.  The uninteresting ones -- xeyes,
xedit, and possibly glxinfo (depending on how bitter I'm feeling) --
will probably not return for breezy.  If you have a pet X client you
want to see in Breezy and it's not obvious that it's a totally core
client that will have to be in Breezy, please let me know that you're
interested in working on it and then get it into universe.

Cheers,
Daniel