Have Laptop Will Test

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at imapmail.org
Sun Aug 14 15:19:19 CDT 2005

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005, Lakin Wecker wrote:

> I just bought an Acer Ferrari 4005 laptop. I spent a week getting the things
> I needed working, to work. There were quite a number of small problems to
> overcome after the hoary install.
>
> I've detailed my progress at the following website:
> http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~weckerl/ferrari_ubuntu_64.html
>
> Now that the laptop has (nearly) all of the things working that I need to
> work with it, I'll be going back to working for a bit.
>
> Two of the fixes I needed were simply using software from the breezy
> repository, which is promising. I've set aside a partition for breezy
> installs and I am willing to test any install iso's or new breezy software
> on this laptop to ensure that the best support for it is available in the
> breezy and future releases. I just need to be informed when there is new
> software to test and what exactly needs to be done.
>
> To give a bit of background, I've used debian based distributions for nearly
> 5 years now (almost exclusively). Most of the time, my desktop was using
> Debian sid, which means that I am comfortable breaking and rebuilding a
> system without losing my own data and work. I also have a fair bit of
> experience with Python, C++, and other Development related tasks. This means
> that I can probably do a bit more digging into things than some testers, and
> I am willing to do this. I also hang out on the #ubuntu-devel irc channel
> and would be willing to work closely with devs if need be.
>
> Thanks to all of the ubuntu developers for an amazing operating system.
>
> Lakin

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTesting
and
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam

are probably good  places to start.  The best way to help is to test
your laptop, document what and what doesn't work on the wiki so that
other people see what you have found, and fill bugs in the bugzilla for
things that don't work correctly so that developers know about them.

--
Daniel Robitaille