Have Laptop Will Test

Lakin Wecker lakin.wecker at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 14:06:39 CDT 2005

I just bought an Acer Ferrari 4005 laptop. I spent a week getting the things
I needed working, to work. There were quite a number of small problems to
overcome after the hoary install.

I've detailed my progress at the following website:
http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~weckerl/ferrari_ubuntu_64.html

Now that the laptop has (nearly) all of the things working that I need to
work with it, I'll be going back to working for a bit.

Two of the fixes I needed were simply using software from the breezy
repository, which is promising. I've set aside a partition for breezy
installs and I am willing to test any install iso's or new breezy software
on this laptop to ensure that the best support for it is available in the
breezy and future releases. I just need to be informed when there is new
software to test and what exactly needs to be done.

To give a bit of background, I've used debian based distributions for nearly
5 years now (almost exclusively). Most of the time, my desktop was using
Debian sid, which means that I am comfortable breaking and rebuilding a
system without losing my own data and work. I also have a fair bit of
experience with Python, C++, and other Development related tasks. This means
that I can probably do a bit more digging into things than some testers, and
I am willing to do this. I also hang out on the #ubuntu-devel irc channel
and would be willing to work closely with devs if need be.

Thanks to all of the ubuntu developers for an amazing operating system.

Lakin