New InitNG

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 13 11:18:07 CDT 2005

<quote who="charlieg">

> > Sun's SMF is looking like a much better solution than any of the init
> > revisited projects I've seen so far.
>
> Isn't it released under the CDDL and is that compatable with the Debian
> Free Software policy?

The CDDL is an excellent license, essentially a rebadged MPL such that more
projects can use it without customising it every time. There are a couple of
minor nits with it, but Sun are looking at fixing those. It is an Open
Source and Free Software license.

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit: October 8th-10th              http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

   "She sped into the parking lot, the door flew open and there she was,
   dressed only in a black bathing suit and sunglasses. I got in and she
     reversed straight into another car. Classic Carine." - Stephen Gan