UbuntuExpress status: update

JDay dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Thu Aug 11 04:23:19 CDT 2005

Tried out those packages, my thoughts:

On getting it running:

The gui requires gtkmozembed, which apparently isn't currently on the
livecd (and the dependency doesn't seem to be included in the package
metadata).

It also tried to read /etc/timezone, which wasn't found on the livecd.

On the GUI:

The link to Canonical doesn't do anything.

You should probably number starting from one.

The next button needs an icon.

There should probably be be some more explanation on each screen. "What
the hell is a hostname?" (Yes, you and I know what it is, but many
(most?) of our users wont. Maybe just incude a few lines for each item
since there seems to be plenty of space, or include a help button,
which can provide an explanation of each screen.

The second screen doesn't show a back button at first. If I proceed to
the third screen, and then back to the second, it appears.

The cancel button, should probably be renamed to quit and moved to the
left side so that it isn't accidentally clicked. Also there should
probably be a confirmation for this, especially if you're partway
throught the installation.

The third screen is blank. It appears to be the partitioner, but I
don't want to proceed beyond that, because I'm afraid of what it might
do to my hard drives.

--
JDay