breezy liveCD issues

Luis Villa luis.villa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 21:37:25 CDT 2005

Hey, folks-
As some of you know, I'm trying to build a GNOME LiveCD on top of the
Ubuntu LiveCDs. This has mostly gone quite smoothly, actually, but I'm
running into some issues while trying to build a 2.11.90 CD from
breezy sources. I'm not sure if these are bugs, per se, or just things
that have to be done differently in breezy; I'd appreciate any
pointers you folks can give.

First, to set locale for the installer, it had been sufficient to edit
isolinux.cfg and add 'preseed/locale=foo_BAR' to the APPEND section.
This appears to no longer work. Bug, or do I need to be editing
something else now, or just no longer supported?

Second, to change the default panel setup, it had been sufficient to
edit /usr/share/gconf/schemas/panel-default-setup*.entries
appropriately, and they'd get installed at boot/'install' time. That
appears to no longer be the case, at least for desktops (have not
tested on a laptop yet.) Again- bug, or just has to be done
differently in breezy?

For reference, the scripts that do everything I'm doing are here:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/livecd-project/

following the documentation here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com//LiveCDCustomizationHowTo

Thanks for everything you guys have done- hope you have some answers
for me here-
Luis (not on list, please cc: me on responses)