gnome-clipboard-daemon

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 9 01:06:28 CDT 2005

<quote who="Baza">

> Looks nice, but will I need an Uber computer to run this Cairo thing?
> I've heard tales of 25% loss of performance on 'todays' PC's??

The 25% number came from very specific tests on particular widgets, which
does not represent any kind of global performance impact. It will take a
hit, at least in the short term. Further out, it's going to make a big
impact on the kind of performance enhancements we can make in general. It's
a good thing. :-)

- Jeff

--
EuroOSCON: October 17th-20th    http://conferences.oreillynet.com/eurooscon/

      There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.