[MOTU] 2005-08-03 Summary of MOTU Meeting

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at imapmail.org
Mon Aug 8 13:06:46 CDT 2005

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005, Lionel Dricot (aka Ploum) wrote:

> On 08/08/05, Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > Le dimanche 07 août 2005 à 18:44 -0300, Matthew Paul Thomas a écrit :
> >
> > > proposed that all components should be changed to have no default
> > > assignee
> >
> > Which is probably a good way to get bugs ignored. Who is going to read
> > all the bugs to figure which ones should be assigned to him?
> >

> I agree with Sebastien here but that brings an idea : why not assign
> bugs by default to the triage team.

which is what a "motu bug list" would end up being: a triage section for
universe.  Essentially all bug reports in Malone on universe packages
could be assigned automatically to the the motu team alias/mailing
list/whatever. Then individual bugs could be later reassigned to individual
motu members (or other people), while unwanted bugs would stay assigned
to that general motu label.

Right now we have more than 300 unassigned bugs in Malone.  Some are on
main packages, some on universe packages, and some on multiverse.  At
least if the universe bugs are gone from the unassigned section and
sorted in one general category, they are one step closer to the MOTU,
and hopefully easier for them to find.

--
Daniel Robitaille