[MOTU] 2005-08-03 Summary of MOTU Meeting

Lionel Dricot (aka Ploum) zeploum at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 12:31:46 CDT 2005

On 08/08/05, Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Le dimanche 07 août 2005 à 18:44 -0300, Matthew Paul Thomas a écrit :
>
> > proposed that all components should be changed to have no default
> > assignee
>
> Which is probably a good way to get bugs ignored. Who is going to read
> all the bugs to figure which ones should be assigned to him?

I agree with Sebastien here but that brings an idea : why not assign
bugs by default to the triage team.
So developpers only have to care about bugs marqued as "NEW".

Brainstorm mode on :
- members of the bug triage team can subscribe to all bugs of some packages.
- members of the bug triage team can subscribe to "some random" bugs
of some package. In this mode, every new bug is send to only 4 or 5
"random subscribers". It allow bug triagers to make some "lighter"
work.
- Then, only few bugs are keeped as "UNCO".
- When a bug triager mark a bug as "NEW", the maintener receive an
email. Less work for him. (but he can suscribe to "all bugs" if he
want it !)
- If a bug is marked as "NEEDINFO" by a maintener, it's sended again
to bugs triagers.

Just a brainstorm, maybe it's silly, anyway I like to share silly ideas...

Ploum