Nonauthenticated packages in universe

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Aug 5 18:39:03 CDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 04:49:48PM -0500, Ming Hua wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 07:21:20PM +0100, Tristan Wibberley wrote:
>>
>> I have since put this down to insanity since there have been no further
>> occurrences, and nobody else saw the problem.
>
>I've never seen such things in Ubuntu, and I use hoary.  However I've
>seen similar things in my Debian sid box (the whole archive, main,
>labelled as unauthenticated), and I use aptitude.  That problem was
>solved by an "aptitude update" later.
>
>So I am suspecting this is due to some mirror or network problem,
>either the content and the Release/Packages file on the mirror are out
>of sync, or some file fetching from the mirror simply failed (which I
>suspect is my case, as I use FTP and occasionally have connection
>problems).
>
>So my question is: are the people experiencing this problem using hoary
>or breezy?

I'm using Hoary and I see it regularly for packages both in main and in
universe/multiverse, as well as for security. What's most worrying is
that I'm so used to it that I hardly think before hitting 'y'... :(

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned
my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him
the spinal cord would fully suffice.
     -- Albert Einstein