Nonauthenticated packages in universe

Ming Hua minghua-list at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 5 16:49:48 CDT 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 07:21:20PM +0100, Tristan Wibberley wrote:

> I have since put this down to insanity since there have been no further
> occurrences, and nobody else saw the problem.

I've never seen such things in Ubuntu, and I use hoary.  However I've
seen similar things in my Debian sid box (the whole archive, main,
labelled as unauthenticated), and I use aptitude.  That problem was
solved by an "aptitude update" later.

So I am suspecting this is due to some mirror or network problem, either
the content and the Release/Packages file on the mirror are out of sync,
or some file fetching from the mirror simply failed (which I suspect is
my case, as I use FTP and occasionally have connection problems).

So my question is: are the people experiencing this problem using hoary
or breezy?

Ming
2005.08.05