Should reportbug be usable?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Aug 1 13:47:22 CDT 2005

Is it possible to use reportbug to report bugs in Ubuntu?

I've tried both Bugzilla and Malone before, but I just like reportbug so
much better!

I did run into a problem using it to report a bug on OpenBox:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 1656, in ?
       main()
   File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 1647, in main
       smtphost, options.smtpuser, options.smtppasswd, options.paranoid)
   File "/usr/share/reportbug/reportbug_submit.py", line 415, in send_report
       (sysinfo['email'] % 'n'), (sysinfo['email'] % '999999'))
TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

The notion that an anonymous posting needs to be traceable to its
source is a product of the unification of the old time conservative
desire to squelch free speech with the new fangled politically correct
liberal desire to squelch free speech.
      -- Perry E. Metzger