Map some other function to the insert key

Yuan Qi gmanenews.3.maxchee at spamgourmet.com
Sun Apr 17 23:28:13 CDT 2005

I hope everyone is aware of this:
http://mpt.net.nz/archive/2005/04/11/ubuntu

One of the usability problems the author have mentioned in his article
is the fact that the insert key is mapped to the overwrite mode. Since
most computer users (even intermediate users) are not aware of this
mode, they will be confused and frustrated by the software's "buggy"
behaviour. Therefore, I suggest that we either map a different function
to this key or just disable it. Personally, I think the Paste function
is the most sensible function to be mapped to the insert key.