Unlucky install report

Peter Damoc pdamoc at gmx.net
Thu Apr 14 11:26:08 CDT 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:52:13 +0300, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> We would like to simplify the installer, and we have been working for
> most
> of the past year to do that.  The changes that you suggest are not as
> simple
> as they might appear on the surface; there are deeply rooted reasons why
> the
> system works the way that it does, and major development effort would be
> required to make these kinds of changes.

I'm no developer, well not a low level one so my take on this is rather
naive.
What I did was present a scenario users might like, I for one would love
it :)

> It helps to think in terms of "how do we get from here to there?" rather
> than "why aren't we there yet?"

You're 200% right. I will search for some information about how an
installer works.
I you could point me to some select info it would be great.

Peter.