Usplash question: a program is ready, but can we call it usplash?

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Tue Apr 12 08:29:03 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 08:31 -0400, Goshawk wrote:
> Yes.. you have right, from 0.2 version splashy will be capable to find
> it the card is a vesa frambuffer compatible and set it on... If it's
> not a vesa framebuffer comptatible card it will enable vga16fb...
> btw linux needs more innovation on framebuffers, i'm still thinking to
> put my hands on vasa-tng or something similar to give to ix86 system a
> good framebuffer as others architettures have...

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. splashy shouldn't attempt to
configure the framebuffer, it should just try to use whichever
framebuffer is present. At the moment, it can't do that because directfb
doesn't support vga16fb. So we need to either fix directfb (so it'll
work with vga16fb) or change splashy (so it doesn't use directfb).

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org