Usplash question: a program is ready, but can we call it usplash?

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Mon Apr 11 14:25:15 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 19:38 +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> The only real alternative is vesafb-tng - I believe that that may have
> some degree of suspend/resume magic. I'll take a look into it.
> Otherwise, we'll either need to fix directfb or switch to direct
> framebuffer manipulation.

Ugh. No, that wasn't a success - vesafb-tng results in huge flashing
green boxes if I switch away from X. I think vga16fb is the best we can
hope for here, which gives us the choice between fixing or dropping
directfb.

(For reference, Windows boots in 640x480x16 colours - I don't see this
as a real problem for us)

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org