My eyes!

jdodson dlist at ubuntuforums.org
Fri Apr 1 16:49:21 CST 2005

anoyedbyyou Wrote:
> To see some ugly strangers spread across my screen is not at all
> appealing and makes me wonder about the security of this distro.

not sure how "ugly strangers" make your distro less secure.  seems like
a bad logical leap to me.  uglyStrangers != insecureDistro.

fear not ubuntuite, ubuntu is still as secure as it was.  though you
might have been shocked by the fact that the developers can make
changes to your OS you might not have known about.  that is why trust
is important.  it seems warty is unaffected by this art change.
perhaps a switch to older ubuntu pastures will set your mind at ease.

and for what it is worth, they are not bad looking guys at all.   they
have a nice vibe about them :mrgreen:

--
jdodson