[doc]wikiteam

John Hornbeck hornbeck at freeshell.org
Fri Oct 22 09:42:49 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 14:45 +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 08:16:32AM -0500, John Hornbeck wrote:
> > I talked with alot of doc people yesterday and we came to the conclusion
> > that a wikiteam was a bad idea because it splits up the doc team.  One
> > thing that did not happen was the wikiteam page is still up, and people
> > are adding themselves to the wikiteam.
>
> I added a comment to the end of that page noting that there are
> different focuses involved here; for some people (like me), occasional
> Wiki janitor/proofreading work is fine, but diving into the deep end of
> a full documentation team is a bit much.
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson at canonical.com]

If this splits into two different focus points, the doc team will than
have to clear stuff with the wikiteam before we start making large
changes and right now we are trying to make alot of standards across
both regular docs and wiki.  A main goal is to have a moin2docbook
converter so we can change some wiki into docbook for seperate
distribution.  If two teams exist out of this it will cause conflict in
the end.  I say if you want to just work on the wiki than do so, but
there is no need for two seperate teams.

JohnHornbeck