Creating packages

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Thu Oct 21 23:44:16 CDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 10:30:55PM -0400, David Walker wrote:

> I have been looking around the website, and wiki recently and have been
> wondering who I have to talk to, if not this list, to get involved with
> the packaging team.  I have some packages that I want to know, why they
> are not included and if there are reasons for it, etc.etc.  If anyone
> knows/ or can help that would be awesome.

This is the right place to talk to the packaging team.  If you'd like to get
involved directly and work on Ubuntu packaging, the place to go is here:

http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MaintainerCandidates

Are you asking about software which is already available in Debian package
format, or software which would need to be packaged first?

--
 - mdz