[doc][Fwd: Wiki FAQ: sketch of new formatting]

John Hornbeck hornbeck at freeshell.org
Wed Oct 20 19:39:33 CDT 2004

http://wiki.ubuntulinux.org/MartinManey has a snapshot of the FAQ page
(with the top matter removed - that will need some rework too) in an
alternate formatting.  I'm not really keen about using the h4 markup,
but when I started this I thought I'd be keeping the existing h3 stuff,
and wanted to have the questions subordinate to them...

I think I mucked up some formatting in a few complicated sections
moving it back and forth to a real editor, but despite those oopses on
my part I believe this format makes it easier to have non-simple
strusture in the answers.  If no one thinks this is just a bad idea,
I'll take a crack at redoing the real FAQ page in a day or two, if
someone else doesn't think it's so much better they beat me to it.  :-)

You can get carried away with [[TableOfContents]], but it works very
well for FAQs and some other things.

--
A delicate balance is necessary between sticking with the things
you know and can rely upon, and exploring things which have the