Ubuntu Mentors Program Proposal

Brett Carrington brettcar at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 14:33:18 CDT 2004

A mentoring program, akin to that used by Debian[1], will be
beneficial in attracting new developers to Ubuntu.
This topic has been listed on the Community Council Agenda[2]. The
Debian Mentors Project has been a success and was started late into
Debian's existence[3], Ubuntu could benefit at levels much higher if
it incorporates this idea into its development cycle.

[1] http://mentors.debian.net/
[2] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityCouncilAgenda
[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/05/msg00756.html

I brought this up Colin Watson originally in #ubuntu and would be glad
to be the first pilot mentor student. I will be unable to attend the
next Council meeting but look forward to participating in Ubuntu
development. If a potential mentor would like a catalogue of my skills
please contact me off-list.