Just signed up, where do we go from here?

Darren Critchley darrenc at telus.net
Sun Oct 17 16:03:33 CDT 2004

Hello, my name is Darren Critchley and I spoke last week on the user
list about VPN options in Ubuntu.

So after hearing some positive feedback from the user list and seeing a
need, I have joined the devel list in the hopes of adding a nice easy to
use GUI for VPN connections in Ubuntu.

First of, what are the rules and how do things work on this project, who
are the team leads, etc. I have worked on other open source projects,
most notably www.ipcop.org for the last two years so I am familiar with
the general workings of OSS projects.

On the user list when I mentioned this, Matt asked what I had in mind,
so I will put forth my proposal here after having some feedback from the
moderator/admin/project lead/etc so I know who I am dealing with and
what is expected, etc.

So if someone could respond to this, then I'll let you know what I have
in mind and see if it fits in with Ubuntu, etc. I do realize of course
that there is a feature freeze on, so I am thinking ahead to the next
iteration.

Darren