Accessibility Team

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Thu Oct 7 08:02:04 CDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 12:07 +0100, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> Anyway, enough of the details. How do we proceed? I guess I should
> contact Sivan Green, who also seems interested, and start setting up a
> wiki page.

Yes please, get a wiki page going, think about some accessibility goals
for our next release (beyond those already documented on the Hoary
Hedgehog page), and throw out some ideas on ubuntu-devel... At the next
community council meeting, we can get a team together officially!

I'm very interested in helping with this, and have a bunch of people in
Sydney keen to work on an Accessible Ubuntu derivative (mostly because
some of the a11y requirements will be inconvenient for users who do not
need them). We're planning to work on some of these goals at the regular
Debian codefests held by the local LUG.

Rock. :-)

- Jeff

--