Consider disabling middlemouse.contentLoadURL by default

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at raw.no
Tue Oct 5 05:08:53 CDT 2004

* Jason Pearce

| Disabling middlemouse.contentLoadURL brings the
| interface more in line with what new users will
| expect. It is easy to enable for the advanced users
| that do want it enabled and impossible to disable for
| the simple users that will find it troubling.

I disagree, I'm a fairly advanced user, but as Firefox evidently has
lots of undocumented configuration options, I'm usually at a loss on
how to actually get Firefox to do what I want.  The about:config URL
was something I heard about in this thread.

Yes, it might possibly be a bit surprising to new users the first
time, but if you don't have it enabled, they probably won't ever
discover the feature.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-