Pegasos PowerPC

Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski emil.oppeln.bronikowski at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 01:01:43 CDT 2004

> Since we already support the CPU architecture, it should only be a matter of
> driver support in order for Ubuntu to run on this system (it shouldn't
> require a separate port).

 I should ask about ,,support'' and not ,,port'' :)

> There is already some Pegasos-specific code in
> the kernel, though I don't know how complete it is.

 We have our kernel patches insync with current releases from kernel.org

> Have you tried installing Ubuntu on such a machine yet?

 Not yet. I haven't finish (big;-) project in time, so all my weekend
is consumed by hard work. I had a dream to test Ubuntu on my gateway
and desktop. :->

--
 Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski
 http://opi.pegasos.pl