Academic Involvement in Ubuntu

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Thu Nov 25 02:55:04 CST 2004

Am Donnerstag, den 25.11.2004, 01:12 +0100 schrieb Daniel Holbach:
> Hi everyone,
>
> yesterday I attended a constitutive meeting of a Unix working group at
> my university (of applied sciences) and I had the feeling that people
> really wanted to do something Linux-related as part of their project or
> thesis, but wouldn't know where to start. Wouldn't it be great to put
> ideas and suggestions on a wiki page to get those people involved?
>
> I put my ideas on the matter on
> http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/wiki/AcademicInvolvement and would
> really appreciate any ideas, comments, updates and feedback on it.
in germany the companies hire someone working on his/her diploma theseis
(if it fits their needs) and pay him/her a little fee...so they get a
very motivated employee with high level knowledge for a cheap fee (and a
due date), probably canonical would be willing to back it this way....?

btw: ingenious idea :)

ciao
	oli

--