Performance with XEON

David Walker dave at mudsite.com
Wed Nov 24 12:15:42 CST 2004

This machine has 1GB of ram, the others that run faster are 256MBram on
1ghz cpus... this is a 2.0xeon.

Top shows Xorg spike to 3%cpu and 2%ram.

here is my messages:
Nov 24 13:10:21 localhost input.agent[4035]:      evbug: blacklisted
Nov 24 13:10:21 localhost input.agent[4009]:      evbug: blacklisted
Nov 24 13:10:21 localhost input.agent[4021]:      tsdev: already loaded
Nov 24 13:10:21 localhost input.agent[4028]:      evbug: blacklisted
Nov 24 13:10:21 localhost input.agent[4035]:      evdev: already loaded
Nov 24 13:10:21 localhost input.agent[4021]:      mousedev: already loaded
Nov 24 13:10:21 localhost input.agent[4009]:      evdev: already loaded
Nov 24 13:10:21 localhost input.agent[4028]:      evdev: already loaded
Nov 24 13:10:21 localhost input.agent[4021]:      evbug: blacklisted
Nov 24 13:10:21 localhost input.agent[4021]:      evdev: already loaded

Everything from compilation to use in X has gone down.  And I have seen
no apparant reason for it.  I am using the 2.6.8.1 -SMP kernel with
preemption and still no gain.

--dave