universe/multiverse repositories

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at canonical.com
Wed Nov 17 09:30:33 CST 2004

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 08:36:48AM -0500, Diego Andrés Asenjo González wrote:
> Hi!
Hi,

> I have tried Ubuntu in my Workstation at the University, and is really
> great. Now, I want to try it at home, but .. I only have the hoary CD
> and a modem connection :( . I need "special packages" that do not
> belong to main, and I can't download them.
>
> I wonder if is it possible to have "CD snapshots" of the
> universe/multiverse repositories to make possible the use of Ubuntu at
> home with all the specialized packages that someone could need.

Have you considered using a tool like "apt-zip" for this (part of
universe)? You select what packages you want and it exports a download
script. You start the download script at university and burn them to a
cd. Then you "import" the packages at home.

hope it helps,
 Michael

--
The first rule of holes is: when you find yourself in one, stop digging. - PJ