Discussion destillation: Options for language packs

Peter Damoc pdamoc at gmx.net
Fri Nov 19 09:12:49 CST 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:00:26 +0100, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at canonical.com> wrote:

> Hi Fellows!
>
> I went through Tuesday's IRC discussion again and wrote up a
> structured overview about the possible alternatives, their pros (+)
> and cons (+). Please look over it and add any argument that I forgot
> and correct anything that seems wrong to you.
>
> Personally I believe that option (F4) is the way to go. It avoids all
> package insanities and seems most flexible to me.
>
> Let's open the discussion!

I like a combination between F4 and F5. Don't strip the packages now (F5) but strip each package on its next update. this way the last 2 (-) from F5 might be attenuated :D Aslo... having only en in the packages might get rid of F4 (-)
A custom system might be the best as it could handle only diffs and minimize the downloads people have to do.

On F6 I sugest using seven3 this way we'll have even more space on the CD :o)
http://seven3.modblog.com/

--
Peter Damoc
Hacker Wannabe