when you receive a file with xchat this is placed in ~/.xchat2 wouldn't ~/download/ be better?

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Tue Nov 16 14:34:58 CST 2004

<quote who="Lorenzo E. Danielsson">

> Do you want me to go to the desktop and sit and drag and drop every time I
> download something? I'm sure you don't mean that. I've just misunderstood
> you.

If you don't want it to work this way, you can always change the defaults.
In firefox, for instance, you can make it ask you every time for a location
to save the file, or you can make it automatically download to a particular
directory without asking (we'll set this to ~/Desktop as the default).

If you want to do things differently, you can.

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu in Mataró, Spain: December 5th-18th      http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

   "Warning: we're not going to use the testing sessions as vehicles for
                    personal UI vendettas." - Anna Dirks