when you receive a file with xchat this is placed in ~/.xchat2 wouldn't ~/download/ be better?

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Tue Nov 16 12:08:51 CST 2004

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 16.11.2004, 17:26 +0000 schrieb Lorenzo E. Danielsson:
> > Using ~/Desktop as the default location is the only sane choice IMO.
> > Files downloaded to the desktop are immediately accessible and can
> > easily be moved afterwards if the user so desires (most likely without
> > having to open any nautilus windows).  Any other solution would
> > either:
>
> Do you want me to go to the desktop and sit and drag and drop every time
> I download something? I'm sure you don't mean that. I've just
> misunderstood you.

as i am using nautilus in its default setup and want to actually manage
(in oppsition to browse) my files with the filemanager it is annoying to
have a extra folder on my desktop that i would have to open and
drag/drop my files from there to other folders. and i guess most of the
people out there will use nautilus in its default way (and be it just
because of not knowing the difference).....

> > a) put the file in a non-obvious location (~/downloads is not at all obvious)
> Huh? It's not obvious that downloads contains downloads??
nope, not if your native language doesnt contain the word downloads and
youre not speaking english.....

:)

ciao
	oli