anacron

Christian Bjälevik nafallo at magicalforest.se
Thu Nov 11 11:37:39 CST 2004

Scott James Remnant wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 01:16 +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
>

>>On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 08:42:51PM +0000, Scott James Remnant wrote:
>>
>>>I'd like to propose anacron for hoary main as part of the "Even More
>>>Totally Rad Laptop Support" umbrella.
>>
>>Isn't that the "Make My Laptop Totally Slow Right After Boot When I'm
>>Trying To Use It" umbrella?
>>

> The other alternative is that none of these jobs ever get run.

Why not make anacron wait til the systems load is under a certain
percentage? That percentage level could be changed in for exempel
/etc/default/anacron? But then again. Both percentage level and a
certain amount of uptime would be even better (to let the user log in to
the lappy etc).

Just some thoughts...

Sincererly
--