Accessible Ubuntu [Was: Speakup]

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Mon Nov 8 19:55:13 CST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 11:58 +1100, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> This would make things a LOT easier, yes. However if including it
> doesn't go ahead, making a derivitive is the best option so far.

As the infrastructure develops (in the coming months), I think that a
proof-of-concept derivative will be the best option for an Accessible
Ubuntu, in fact it may be the first of many. :-)

As features enter, we can see if they can be provided by default without
being in the way, and shift them up to the main branch. So even if the
speakup patches aren't included straight away, there's a development
path for them.

Luke, will you be coming to the next DebSIG codefest in Sydney? We can
line up some stuff to do there. :-)

- Jeff

--
Ooh, ooh, ooh!             http://www.ubuntulinux.org/           Ubuntu!