ISDN does not work [solved]

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Mon Nov 8 16:07:12 CST 2004

Oliver Grawert schrieb am 08.11.2004 19:56

> hi, Am Montag, den 08.11.2004, 19:34 +0100 schrieb Christoph
> Bier:

[...]

>> A last question on this topic: how has the modem lights-applet
>> to be configured to work correct (at the moment disconnection
>> does not work out of the applet) and show connect time and
>> throughput? 'Device: /dev/ppp' or 'Use ISDN' doesn't seem to be
>> right.
>
> to be honest i have no clue (i never used that, my isdn systems
> were always headless with autodial),

Me neither ... but she doesn't like autodial and typing 'pon' and
'poff' ...

> but looking at the defaults on my system there is no /dev in
> front of the ppp device entry....

$ ls -l /dev/ppp
crw-rw----    1 root     root     108,   0 2004-11-08 19:26 /dev/ppp

I'll create two buttons in the panel, that she can click on to
connect and disconnect -- without connect time and throughput.

Regards,
    Christoph